I felt like this guy.
I just went approximately 2 weeks without running. (GASP!) Every day I knew I wasn't running, but every day I had one reason or another why I couldn't. The following are reasons (excuses) I used to keep my butt firmly planted on the sofa, computer chair, bed, floor...
- Flu....putting that one first because it's perfectly legit to not run while vomiting...unless said vomiting is caused by the running...then you keep running.
- Cold....caught a cold right after the flu, so my body didn't have time to bounce back....exhausted for days.
- Started the New Job....getting used to a new schedule, learning new things, missing the old co-workers/dysfunctional family (yep, I admitted it...)
- Hangover....only one day. I was the guest of honor at a very fun happy hour celebrating my last day at my old job...I may have been given too many cocktails, and I hate to be wasteful. ;-)
- Clouds....yes, I said clouds. It's a darn good thing I live in Austin, TX, or I would be in trouble. I firmly believe that my moving from mostly cloudy Iowa to mostly sunny Texas played a huge role in my weight loss. I feel super lethargic & sad when its cloudy. And I just want to eat pizza.
Those are the excuses. Some of them are reasonable. Put all those things together and that makes for a very rough 2 weeks. I could have probably run a little. Actually, I'm sure I could have. But I didn't. And it's done & over with. What is important is that I am running now. And I will keep running until the next time that I don't. But then I will run again. I am not throwing in the towel. I had a setback. I've gotten past it. Today I ran before work & it was amazing. I also ran after work. That was amazing as well. A little over 5 miles in today. Yay, me! Probably going to do it again tomorrow, too. That half marathon isn't going to run itself. Back to training. Happy girl here. And it's supposed to be sunny all week long. Woohoo!!!